Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Special Day

Today was a very special day.  Today we celebrated Crazy Horse's profession of faith in Jesus Christ through her baptism.  Family and friends were able to celebrate with us.  Grandma M, Grandma and Grandpa D, Aunt Sonia and our friends John, Sarah, Big A and Little E were all able to make the long drive to share this wonderful day with our precious daughter.  Words cannot express the joy that I experienced as I watched Preacherman speak so fluently the words of baptism and lower Crazy Horse into the symbolic waters of new life.  It was a very tender and sweet moment in the life of our family.  


After church, we came home and served Crazy Horse's favorite meal, tacos.  Preacherman stopped at the store for me on the way home to pick up paper plates and dessert.  When he arrived home he came bearing a sweet bouquet of flowers for Crazy Horse.  Her first flowers.


Since Crazy Horse is the first of our princesses to experience baptism it was my opportunity to begin a tradition for this milestone with our girls.  Tonight we presented Crazy Horse with a small heart shaped locket with a cross on the outside, inside I had printed and cut two small hearts,  the first with - January 2, 2011 - the date she gave her heart to Christ. The second - March 27, 2011 - the date she followed Christ in obedience through baptism. 


This is my daughter, whom I love; with her I am well pleased.







As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.  And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”  Matthew 3:16-17

1 comment: