Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Jesus!

Today I received an awesome privilege. Today after kindergarten round-up, Rockstar and I headed to our local grocery store to pick up a few items before we went to pick up Crazy Horse from school.  While at the grocery store, we met a woman whom I've recently met and God had been bringing her to my thoughts regularly this week.  I was prompted to say hello.  She introduced us to her 5 year old little girl.  Today was her daughter's birthday.  They were looking at cards, but there was no money to buy one.  I undeniably knew that God had a plan and I had a part in His plan.  I bought my groceries, picked up Crazy Horse from school and drove home in tears.  I told Preacherman what I needed to do and he said, "then go do it."  So I did. 


Rockstar and I delivered a birthday present to this little girl.  The little girl was thrilled and full of smiles and hugs. Her mom hugged me.  She told me that earlier today the little girl was really bummed about her birthday and she had told her daughter that maybe Jesus would find a way to make her birthday special.  


Please hear my heart, I am not writing this to tell you what I did.  I want you to hear what my Jesus did!  He took a "chance" meeting at a grocery store with an almost stranger, who already had access to her contact information, to send this precious child a birthday present and let her know that he loves her. What an awesome God we serve!



~And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.  Phil 4:19-20

1 comment:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing we can be to others if only we take the time to listen to His calling.

    ReplyDelete