Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Dynamite Song

A few nights ago I laid down with Little Princess at bedtime to snuggle for a few minutes.  She was listening to a CD and asked me if this CD had the Dynamite Song on it.  I tried multiple times to ignore her since I did not have any clue what song she was referring to; however, she just couldn't let it go.  I'm glad she didn't or I wouldn't have this funny memory to record.

Little Princess:  Mom, you know, the Dynamite Song.
Me:  No, I don't think I know the Dynamite Song.
Little Princess:  Yes, you do.  It goes like this:  "This little dyn-a-mite, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."
Me: (refraining from hysterical laughter) OH, you mean, "This little LIGHT of mine"  OK, I do know THAT song.  Let's sing it.

I concluded my snuggle time singing "This Little Light of Mine" with my Little Dynamite.


"A cheerful heart is good medicine."  Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment