Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Immeasurably More

Many Christians are familiar with the passage from Ephesians 3:20-21 that reads: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

I find myself sitting here today questioning what this verse "lives" like.  What does it look like to daily live out this verse?  Does this verse apply to every aspect of my life?  Is this limited to my relationship with Jesus and my ministry on earth?   How do I distinguish between unrealistic expectations and trusting in God to do immeasurably more?  Is there a difference?  Where is the line in trusting God for immeasurably more and falling prey to the lies of "health and wealth" messages prevalent in today's society?

Today I am floundering in a sea of questions.

This much I know to be true:
I can attest to many instances in my past where I know God has met and exceeded my expectations.
I can present my requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)
God is supreme. He is bigger than any circumstance or storm in my life. (Joshua 2:11)
God promises to give me wisdom when I ask. (James 1:5)
God is faithful. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
God can move mountains. (Job 9:5)
Jesus said with the faith of a mustard seed, I can move mountains. (Matthew 17:20)
God's resources are limitless. (Psalm 50:9-11)
God can make good where evil is intended. (Genesis 50:20)
My relationship with Jesus is the secret to strength and contentment. (Philippians 4:12-13)
God can make my paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
My God will meet all my needs. (Philippians 4:19)

Where are you trusting God for immeasurably more?

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment