Monday, April 23, 2012

Mirrors of Motherhood

A few months ago I discovered my tween Crazy Horse had been writing on my bathroom mirror after her evening shower.  When I mentioned it to her, she was surprised by the interesting knowledge that although the writing disappeared when the steam vanished, it would reappear the next time someone took a shower unless the mirror had been wiped clean.  I had much fun teasing her about her mirror writing.  


This morning as I stepped out of the shower a message came into view.  In the middle of my mirror my crazy tween had written:  


I (heart) you 
Mom

In the process of posting this memory, I decided to fog the mirror one more time to see if I could capture the message with my camera.  Although I was unable to take a picture of the message from Crazy Horse, I did realize that I missed part of the original message this morning.  The complete message read:

I (heart) you
Mom &
Dad!

I suppose this crazy tween has enough love for both of us.

What a wonderful "mirror" Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment