Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Too Hot for the Oven!

I'm sure those of you reading this can certainly agree that it has been excessively HOT here in the Midwest.  I am not one to frequently get the urge to bake cookies.  Unfortunately, tonight the urge struck.  I did not want to compromise my air conditioning as it struggles to keep up in this hot weather without any added heat.  So I went in search of the "No Bake" cookie recipes.  Much to my dismay I found that many of the recipes for the traditional cocoa and oatmeal base no bake cookies also include peanut butter.  Since I don't want to chase each cookie with a dose of Benadryl I continued searching for a no peanut butter version.  I am pleased to report that I found one and the cookies are cooling in the freezer as I write this blog entry.  I will share the recipe to help anyone else who might like it.  They have not been taste-test approved yet, but by the taste of the leftovers in the pan, I'm counting on good reports.


No Bake Cookies


2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
5 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips


Bring sugar, butter, milk and cocoa to a boil, cook for 1 minute.  Add vanilla, oats and chocolate chips.  Stir until combined.  Drop by tablespoonfuls on wax paper.  Cool until set.  Remove from wax paper and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment